Upcoming Courses (Week)
Week Course 1:
From: November 12 to 16
Hours: From 5pm to 9pm
Place: Gala located in the Puerta de Sol Station
Week Course 2:
From: November 19 to 23
Hours: From 5pm to 9pm
Place: Gala located in the Atocha Station (Ground Floor, next to the entrance lathes to the subway)
Upcoming Courses (Weekend)
Course Weekend 1:
From: November 2 to 4
Hours: Friday (4pm to 9pm) + Saturday (9am to 17:00pm) + Sunday (9am to 14:30pm).
Place: Gala located in the Avenida de América nº 6.
Important information about foreign driving licence in Spain
Driving licences that have been issued in any country of the European Community or those within the European Economic Zone (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) are valid *permanently. A licence issued in any other country is only valid in Spain for the period of six months maximum, counted from the first day that the licence holder obtain residency in Spain. After this time, these licences are not longer valid, and it will be necessary to obtain a Spanish driving licence. However, Spain holds an agreement with de following countries that licence holders are able to simply exchange their licences after six months.
Countries that Spain holds an agreement with are: Algeria, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Ecuador, Morocco, Peru, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Brazil, El Salvador, Philippines, Guatemala, Serbia, Andorra, Korea, Japan and Switzerland.
In conclusion: Non-EU licence holders, and those not from the countries listed above, after six months will have to sit a Spanish driving test to continue driving within Spain.
It will be necessary to undertake 2 tests:
- A Theory test of 30 questions where a maximum of 3 mistakes is allowed. Test can be undertaken in Spanish, English, French and German. Examinations can be taken at Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico de Móstoles.
- A Practical test of 25 minutes duration approximately. These will be held on the open highways of Móstoles.
Entry requirements for both tests are: ID card (Tarjeta de Residencia) and a medical certificate issued in a Spanish medical centre.
* EU Driving licences are valid permanently only when: The licence holder has passed a psychophysical medical test in the periods established for the Spanish law, now days every 10 years until the holder reach 65 years old, and after 65 years old every 5 years, counting from the first day of his/her residency. If the candidate fails the psychophysical medical test the licence will no longer be valid. Expired EU Driving licences are no longer valid in Spain.
What Gala offers to you
- English Theory books for your theory test.
- Access to all theory test in English, either by internet or at the driving school facilities.
- Theory lessons in English. Intensive courses which enable you to pass theory test within 2 weeks.
- 10 Practical lessons on the open highway, using the same car that you will sit your practical test in,(available in English).
- We will give you a lift to and from Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico in Móstoles for both the theory and practical test.